1. Basic Introduction
The Rice Research Institute of the Jiangxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences, founded in 1984, is a government agricultural scientific research institute for rice research and extension and is also one of the national scientific research bases for rice variety breeding and regional testing. The institute mainly focuses on rice genetics and breeding, demonstration and extension of green ecological and high benefit symbiosis farming system of high quality rice and scientific and technological exchange, cooperation and training at home and abroad，it has made great achievements in the domains of hybrid rice, quality rice, bio/abio-resistances of Dongxiang wild rice, hybrid rice seed production and so on. We step forward with a common objective of “standing firmly in Jiangxi province, development for the whole country and contribution to the world”.
【Department Settings】3 Functional Department: Executive Office, Scientific Research Management Office, Technology Training and Service Department; 6 Research Department: High Quality Rice Breeding Department, Hybrid Rice Research Department, Biotechnology Research Department, Variety Resources Research Department, Japonica Rice Research Department, Industrial Technology Research Department.
【Talent Team】The Institute has a total of 53 regular staff. Of these, 17 are doctor and 12 are masters, 12 are researchers and 18 are associate researchers. 4 experts got an honor of Special Government Allowances of the State Council and 4 experts received an honor of Special Government Allowances of Jiangxi Province, 3 experts were awarded the provincial academic leaders, 2 experts were selected to “Gan Po 555 Engineering Excellence” and 4 experts were admitted into “New Century Talents Project of Jiangxi Province”, 1 experts was appointed as chief expert of Jiangxi Technical System of Rice Industry. The Institute has 2 provincial superior technology innovation research team.
【Scientific Achievements】The Institute has undertaken more than 240 research projects such as the“863”, “973”, National Key Scientific and Technological Project, National Natural Science Fund, Fund Project for Transformation of National Agriculture Science and Technology, “948”and the Rice Transfer Gene Specific Project. More than 100 rice varieties have been approved by the state and provincial governments, and 5 super rice varieties have been confirmed by the ministry of agriculture. The rice planting area has accumulated more than 16 million hectare, which has produced enormous social and economic benefits. A total of 13 academic works have been published, and more than 200 academic papers have been published in domestic and foreign academic journals. The Institute has won more than 60 awards for various science and technology achievements, including 1 special-class award, 2 second-class award and 1third-class award of National Science and Technology Progress Prize;1 third-class award of the National Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fishery Harvest Prize; 3 first-class award, 12 second-class award and 13 third-class award of Jiangxi Province Science and Technology Progress Prize, 3 second-class award and 1 third-class award of Jiangxi Province Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fishery Technology Improvement Prize, and so on.
【International Cooperation】The Institute has maintained a close collaboration with the Philippines, America, Vietnam, Mali and Morocco. So far we have held 12 batches of international hybrid rice training workshops, 2015 Training Course for Administrators of Agricultural Science and Technology in Ghana and Ethiopia, 2016 Training Course of Agricultural Science & Technology for “One Belt and One Road” Related Countries. More than 148 hybrid rice experts and agricultural manager from 15 countries, including India, Philippines, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, America, Holland, Ghana, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, and Russia, were trained.
【Research Platforms】National Rice Engineering Laboratory (Nanchang), National Experiment Base for Rice Breeding and Regional Test, National Wild rice Germplasm Resources Platform (Jiangxi), Nanchang Experiment Station of the National Rice Industry Technology System, Dongxiang Wild Rice Observation Station of the Ministry of Agriculture of China, National Regional Testing Station for Crop Variety Certification (Gaoan testing base), Jiangxi Provincial Key Laboratory of Rice Physiology and Genetics, Jiangxi Province Rice Industry Technical System Research and Development Center, Jiangxi Province Dongxiang Wild Rice Research and Development Center, Rice Disease Resistance Identification Breeding Base(Jinggangshan city), Rice Transfer Gene Testing Base(Guangfu township, nanchang county), Rice Breeding Base( Nanchang county and Gaoan city).
Director: Yin jianhua
Secretary and Deputy Director:Wan jianlin
Deputy Director: Xiao yeqing
Deputy Director: Li maoamao
Address:No.602,Nanlian Road, Qingyunpu District, Nanchang city, Jiangxi Province
Zip Code: 330200
Tel: 0791-87090385; 0791-87090381
Email: email@example.com 2. Leader ProfilesName:
Yin jianhua Gender:
male Date of Birthborn:
May 1965 Native Place:
Yongxin county, Jiangxi province Degree:
firstname.lastname@example.orgProfessional Title :
Research Scientist II.Position:
Director of the Rice Research Institute, Executive Deputy Director of the the National Rice Engineering Laboratory (Nanchang), Deputy Director of Super Rice Research and Development CenterAcademic Societies Position:
Chief Expert of Jiangxi Technical System of Rice Industry, Leader of the Jiangxi Rice Breeding Technology Innovation Team, Vice Chairman of Jiangxi Plant Physiology Society, Managing Director of Jiangxi Crop SocietyScientific Achievements:
He has cultivated 18 new rice varieties, published more than 40 academic papers and edited 4 academic works (chief editor in one book and co-edited of three books.).He has won 1 special-class award, 1 second-class award and 1third-class award of National Science and Technology Progress Prize respectively;
2 first-class award and 1second-class award of Jiangxi Province Science-Technology Progress Prize; 1 second-class award of Jiangxi Province Agriculture,Animal Husbandry and Fishery Technology Improvement Prize.Honorary Title:
Special Government Allowances of the State Council (1998) ; Expert Adviser on Hybrid Rice by the UN Food and Agricultural Organization (2000) ;Leader of Jiangxi Province Major Disciplines and Technology (2002); New Century Talents Project of Jiangxi Province(2003); The First Young Scientist Award of Jiangxi Province (2004); Leading Talent of Gan Po 555 Engineering Excellence (2012).Name:
Xiao yeqing Gender:
male Date of Birthborn:
April 1965 Native Place:
Gaoan city, Jiangxi province Degree:
email@example.comProfessional Title :
Research Scientist II.Position:
Deputy director of the Rice Research InstituteAcademic Societies Position:
Vice Chairman of Jiangxi Genetics Society; Managing Director of of Jiangxi Plant Physiology SocietyScientific Achievements:
He has cultivated 30 new rice varieties; obtained 4 new plant variety right protection authorization and 8 national technical invention patent; published more than 20 academic papers.He has won 1 second-class award of National Science and Technology Progress Prize;1 first-class award and 4 second-class award of Jiangxi Province Science and Technology Progress Prize; 1 second-class award of Jiangxi Province Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fishery Technology Improvement Prize; 2 first-class award of Outstanding Contribution Prize for Agricultural Science and Education Personnel of Jiangxi Province.Honorary Title:
National Honorary Title of Outstanding Breeding Researchers in Hainan (2004); Special Government Allowances of Jiangxi Province (2009); New Century Talents Project of Jiangxi Province (2009); Advanced Workers in Grain Production of Jiangxi Province (2016). Name:
Li maoamo Gender:
male Date of Birthborn:
October 1968 Native Place:
Nanchang city,Jiangxi provinceDegree:
Lmm3056@163.comProfessional Title :
Deputy Director of the Rice Research InstituteScientific Achievements:
He has host and complete more than 20 national and provincial scientific research projects; cultivated multiple new rice varieties, for example, Ganzaoxian 37, Ganwanxian 34, Ganying 5, You I hang 98, Fengyuan youhang 98, Ziyunuo, and so on; obtained 2 new plant variety right protection authorization; published more than 20 academic papers and edited (co-edited) 3 academic works . He has won 1 third-class award of the National Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fishery Harvest Prize; 1 second-class award and 1 third-class award of Jiangxi Province Science and Technology Progress Prize respectively; 1 second-class award and 1 third-class award of Jiangxi Province Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fishery Technology Improvement Prize respectively. 3、Research Team ProfilesHigh Quality Rice Breeding DepartmentResearch fields
The creation of new high quality rice lines and breeding of new high quality rice varieties. By combination molecular biology technology and field selection, we breed new rice lines and new varieties with high quality, high yield, multiple resistances and high nutritional efficiency.Member profiles
Chief scientist: Xiaoye Qing (Bachelor / Professor)
Director: Mingliang Chen (PhD / Associate professor)
Members: Yumin Shen(PhD / Research Associate)
Hu Lanxiang (Master / Associate professor)
Shiyou Luo (Master / Associate professor)
Xiaoyan Wu (Senior experimenter)
Huanjin Xiong (Senior agronomist)
Hongping Chen (Senior agronomist)
Deng Wei (Senior agronomist)Research AchievementsLeading Technology：
breeding new indica CMS lines with good combining ability; cultivating new high quality rice lines and varieties with multiple resistances to rice blast, white leaf blight and rice planthopper.Development of new rice varieties
CMS line Ganxiang A (combination Ganxiangyou 993), and its derived high-quality CMS line Ganlian A (combination Ganyou 718), Gan73A; High quality variety rice “Nine fragrant rice”.Patents:
1. A screening method for breeding new rice varieties with strong cold tolerance. ZL02145367.5
2. A identification method for the vitality of perennial rice stubble during natural overwintering. ZL201010283755.9
3. A new method for rice emasculation. ZL 201310372682.4Plant vaiety protection:
99A (CNA20060598.4), 03A (CNA20090342.4), Jinggang upland rice No.1 (CNA20090978.5), GanXiang A (CNA20090341.5), Nine fragrant rice (CNA20160965.1)Papers and treatises：
1. Chen M, Luo J, Shao G, et al. Fine mapping of a major QTL for flag leaf width in rice, qFLW4, which might be caused by alternative splicing of NAL1.[J]. Plant Cell Reports, 2012, 31(5):863.
2. Chen M, Wei X, Shao G, et al. Fragrance of the rice grain achieved via artificial microRNA‐induced down‐regulation of OsBADH2[J]. Plant Breeding, 2012, 131(5):584–590.
3. Shao G, Tang S, Chen M, et al. Haplotype variation at Badh2, the gene determining fragrance in rice[J]. Genomics, 2013, 101(2):157-62.Awards:
3. 2016 Second Class Prize of The State Scientific and Technological Progress Award "Double seasons super rice new varieties breeding, demonstration and popularization in Jiangxi".
2. 2017 Second ClassPrize of The State Scientific and Technological Progress Award "The wild rice germplasm resources protection, innovation and utilization in China".
3. 2010 Fist Class Prize of National Agriculture, Animal husbandry and Fishery Harvest Award "super rice demonstration and popularization in Jiangxi".
4. 2007 Fist Class Prize of The Jiangxi Province Science and Technology Progress Award "The discovery, diversity protection and preliminary utilization of Dongxiang wild rice ".
5. 2010 Second Class Prize of The Jiangxi Province Science and Technology Progress Award " super rice demonstration and popularization in Jiangxi ".
6. 2011 Second Class Prize of The Jiangxi Province Science and Technology Progress Award "The excavation, research and application of Jiangxi rice excellent germplasm resources ".
7. 2013 Second Class Prize of The Jiangxi Province Science and Technology Progress Award " The breeding and application of the flour-special Hybrid Early Rice Jinyou L2 ". Hybrid Rice Research DepartmentResearch fields
Breeding of two-line, three-line hybrid rice and special rice varieties; Rice Germplasm enhancement and efficient breeding techniques for light simplified cultivation types, plant-leaf types, high light efficiency, high nutrients use efficiency, noodle rice, disease and insect resistance and stress resistance.Member profiles
Chief scientist:Yin jianhua (Master/ Professor),
Zou guoxing (Ph.D/ Professor)
Director: Wu yanshou(Ph.D/Associate Professor)
Deputy director: Peng zhiqin(Bachelor/ Professor)
Member: Yang ping(Bachelor/ Professor)
Yao xiaoyun (Ph.D / Assistant Professor)
Chen chunlian (Senior lab master)
Huang yongping (Senior lab master)
Xiong yunhua(Agronomist)Research AchievementsLeading Technology：
Breeding of photo-thermo sensitive genic male sterile rice lines; Germplasm enhancement of high photosynthetic efficiency rice ; Gene cloning and germplasm enhancement of lodging resistance rice; Germplasm enhancement of high nutrients use efficiency Rice; Screening and breeding of noodle riceDevelopment of new rice varieties：
Chun guangyihao, Jiang nongzaosihaoA, Er you7599, Jiang siyou402, Jiang siyou992, Zhong jiuyou3385, Jin you992Patents：
A screening method of low potassium tolerance germplasm resources for rice breeding (National invention patent: ZL 2014 1 0122459.9)Awards:
1. Second Class,Prizes of Jiangxi province Scientific and Technological Progress Award
2. First Class，Prizes of Jiangxi province Scientific and Technological Progress Award;
3. Special Class, Prizes of The State Scientific and Technological Progress Award (Cooperated with others)
4. Advanced units of "Six One" Projects of Science and Technology Innovation awarded by People’s government of Jiangxi Province in 2009-2010. Biotechnology Research DepartmentResearch fields
Dongxiang wild type three-line hybrid rice, Mutation breeding, Gene cloningMember profiles
Chief Scientist: Xianhua Shen, Ph.D, Research Prof.
Deputy director: Biaolin Hu, Ph.D, Associate Research Prof.
Members: Yong Wan, M.S, Research Prof.
Renliang Huang, M.S, Assistant Research Prof.
Shan Zhu, M.S, Assistant Research Prof.
Xia Li, M.S, Assistant Research Prof.
Zhou Yang, Ph.D, Assistant Research Prof.
Fengsheng Cao, B.S.A, Research Prof.
Wu Chen, B.S.A, Research Prof.Research AchievementsLeading Technology:
Three-line hybrid is one of the important approaches for the utilization of rice heterosis. Using the abortive cytoplasm source from Dongxiang wild rice, Dongxiang wild type three-line hybrid rice is based on the achievement of three-line system including the cytoplasmic male sterile line (A line), maintainer line (B line) and the restore line (R line), which establish new three-line system other than that of the wild abortive (WA) type, Honglian (HL) type and Boro II (BT) type, and open up a new way to utilize rice heterosis.Development of new rice varieties:
Rice varieties released in Jiangxi province: Ganwanxian 23, Ganzaoxian 15, Ganzaoxian 41, Ganwannuo 5, Ganzaoxian 53, Ganzaoxian 58, Zhongyou 329, Zhongyou 2596, Chiyou 65, Fenghuayou 1, Fenghuayou 2
The cytoplasmic male sterile line Identified: 79APatents:
1.Molecular detection method of the double T-DNA transgenic unlinkage integration in rice (ZL 2013 1 0289838.2), 2016, Xianhua Shen, Renliang Huang, Song Yan, Hongliang Xiong, Shan Zhu
2.A universal method of fast directive breeding new type cytoplasmic male sterile line in rice (ZL 2013 1 0289838.2), 2016, Xianhua Shen, Renliang Huang, Song Yan, Linjun Shen, Hongliang Xiong, Shan Zhu
3.Gene marker for the major gene Bph14 for brown planthopper resistance in rice and its utilization (ZL 2013 1 0325404.3), 2016, Xianhua Shen, Song Yan, Renliang Huang, Linjun Shen, Hongliang Xiong, Shan Zhu
4.A method for developing three-line hybrid rice combinations (ZL 2013 1 0637977.X) 2016, Xianhua Shen, Song Yan, Renliang Huang, Linjun Shen, Hongliang Xiong, Shan ZhuPapers and treatises：
1. Chen Chen, Li Tingting, Zhu Shan, et al. Characterization of imprinted genes in rice reveals conservation of regulation and imprinting with other plant species. Plant Physiology, 2018
2. Lei Jianguo, Zhu Shan, Yan Song, et al. Mapping quantitative trait loci for cold tolerance at the booting stage in rice using chromosome segment substitution lines. Crop & Pasture Science, 2018, 69(3): 278-283
3. Huang Derun, Fan Yeyang, Hu Biaolin, et al. Assessment and genetic analysis of heavy metal content in rice grain using an Oryza sativa
backcross inbred line population. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2018, 98(4): 1339–1345
4. Yan Song, Zhu Shan, Mao Linghua, et al. Molecular identification of the cytoplasmic male sterile source from Dongxiang wild rice (Oryza rufipogon
Griff.). Journal of Integrative Agriculture, 2017, 17(8): 1669-1675
5. Zhu Shan, Huang Renliang, Yan Song et al. Mapping quantitative trait loci for heat tolerance at the booting stage using chromosomal segment substitution lines in rice. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants, 2017, 23(4): 817-825
6. Li Xiaobai, Hu Biaolin, Pan Xuhao, et al. Association analysis of arsenic-induced straighthead in rice (Oryza sativa L.) based on the selected population with a modified model. BioMed Research International, 2017, Article ID 7641362, 6 pages, Doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/7641362
7. Zhao Lei, Lei Jianguo, Huang Yingjin, et al. Mapping quantitative trait loci for heat tolerance at anthesis in rice using chromosomal segment substitution lines. Breeding Science, 2016, 66: 358-366
8. Hu Biaolin, Xie Jiankun, Wan Yong, Zhang Jinwei, Zhang Fantao, Li Xia. Mapping QTLs for fertility restoration of different cytoplasmic male sterility types in rice using two Oryza sativa
× O. rufipogon
backcross inbred line populations. BioMed Research International, 2016, Article ID 9236573, 8 pages
9. Hu Biaolin, Huang Derun, Xiao Yeqing, Fan Yeyang, Chen Dazhou, Zhuang Jieyun. Mapping QTLs for mineral element contents in brown and milled rice using an Oryza sativa
backcross inbred line population. Cereal Research Communications, 2016, 44(1): 57-68
10. Zhao Lei, Yan Song, Huang Renliang, et al. Characterization and fine mapping of a female fertility associated gene Ff1
(t) in rice. J. Genet, 2015, 94: 67-73
11. Hu Biaolin, Wan Yong, Li Xia, et al. Phenotypic characterization and genetic analysis of rice (Oryza sativa
L.) with pubescent leaf and glabrous hull (PLgh
). Crop Science, 2013, 53: 1878-1886
12. Shen Xianhua, Yan Song, Huan Renliang, et al. Development of novel cytoplasmic male sterile source from Dongxiang wild rice (Oryza rufipogon
). Rice Science, 2013, 20(5): 379-382
13. Zhang Fantao, Luo Xiangdong, Hu Biaolin, et al. YGL138 (t), encoding a putative signal recognition particle 54 kDa protein, is involved in chloroplast development of rice. Rice, 2013, 6:7 doi: 10.1186/1939-8433-6-7
14. Yan Wengui, Hu Biaolin, Zhang Qijun, et al. A mutant ser from ‘Khao Dawk Mali 105’ improves plant architecture. Plant Breeding, 2012, 131(2): 282-285
15. Yang Zhou, Chen Hao, Tang Wei, Hua Hongxia, Lin Yongjun. Development and characterization of transgenic rice expressing two Bacillus thuringiensis
genes, Pest Manag Sci
, 2011, 67(4): 414-422
16. Hu Biaolin, Fu Xueqin, Zhang Tao, Wan Yong, Li Xia, Huang Yunhong, Dai Liangfang, Luo Xiangdong, Xie Jiankun. Genetic Analysis on characteristics to measure drought resistance using Dongxiang wild rice ( Oryza rufipogon
Griff.) and its derived BILs population at seedling stage. Agricultural Science in China, 2011, 10(11):1653-1664
17. Xie Jiankun, Kong Xiangli, Chen Jie, Hu Biaolin, et al. Mapping of quantitative trait loci fiber and lignin contents from interspecific cross Oryza stiva
x Oryza rufipogon
. Journal of Zhejiang University, 2011, 12(7): 518-526
18. Li Xiaobai, Yan Wengui, Agrama Hesham A., Hu Biaolin, et al. Genotypic and phenotypic characterization of genetic differentiation and diversity in USDA rice mini-core collection. Genetica, 2010, 138: 1221-1230 Awards:
1.Genetic analysis and creation of special germplasm resources in rice. Third Prize of Natural Science Award of Jiangxi Province in 2017, Second unit, Third accomplisher
2.Breeding of Ganzaoxian 53, Third prize of agriculture, animal husbandry and fishery technology improvement award of Jiangxi province in 2005, First unit, First accomplisher
3.Study on breeding and improvement of early rice quality Second prize of Scientific and Technological Progress of Jiangxi Province in 2004, First unit, fifth accomplisher
4.New exported rice variety “Ganwanxian 23” with good quality, Fourth prize of National Award of Technological Invention in 1995, First unit, Second accomplisher
5.New exported rice variety “Ganwanxian 23” with good quality, Second prize of agricultural science and education personnel outstanding contribution of Jiangxi Province in 1995, First unit, Second accomplisher
6.New exported rice variety “Ganwanxian 23” with good quality, China Agriculture Expo Gold Medal in 1992, First unit, Second accomplisher
7.Breeding of Ganzaoxian 15, Second Prize of Scientific and Technological Progress of Jiangxi Province in 1991, First unit, Third accomplisherHonors:
1.The fourth outstanding young technology award of crop society of Jiangxi Province in 2017
2.Outstanding Party Affairs Workers of Provincial Immediate Institution Issued by Chinese Peasants and Workers Democratic Party of Jiangxi Province in 2018
3.Title of special allowance of the State Council in 2005 Variety Resources Research Department Research fields
Protection and utilization of Dongxiang Wild Rice (Oryza rufipogon
Griff.); Collection, conservation, evaluation and identification of germplasm resources in rice.Member profiles
Chief scientist: Li Mao-mao (Ph. D/ Researcher)
Director: Wang Ji-lin (Ph. D/ Vice Researcher)
Deputy director: Liu Jin (Ph. D/ Research assistant)
Members: Yu Li-qin (Bachelor/ Researcher)
Li Hui (Ph. D/ Research assistant)
Zhou Hui-ying (Ph. D/ Research assistant)
Xiong Yu-zhen (Senior Agronomist)Research AchievementsLeading Technology:
Nearly ten thousand germplasm resources at home and abroad were collected, imported, preserved and identified and a batch of special materials were created by crossing between Indica and Japonica subspecies, wild rice and Oryza sativa L., or different geographical cultivars.Development of new rice varieties:
Zi yunuo (H036), organic integration of purple rice with sticky rice, is special type rice with high yield and good quality.Patents:
1. Li Maomao, Xin Xia, Wu Jinwen, Yin Guangyu, Yu Liqin, Zhang Jinmei, Li Hui, Lu Xinxiong. Primer combinations for genetic Integrity Analysis of Common Wild Rice and their applications, Application No.: 201610044938.2
2. Yu Liqin, Xin Xia, Li Mao, Yin Guangyu, Li Hui, Zhang Jinmei, Wu Jinwen, Yin Guangyu. Primer combinations for genetic Integrity Analysis of Indica Rice cultivars; Application No.: 201610044390.1
3. Xinxia, Wu Jinwen, Yin Guangyu, Yu Liqin, Zhang Jinmei, Li Maomao, Lu Xinxiong. Primer combinations for genetic integrity analysis of indica rice landraces and their applications. Application No.: 201610046773.2
4. Wang Jilin, Yu Sibin, Yuan Zhiyang, Qiu Xianjin. The creation and application of a set of functional makers in chalk quality improvement in rice. Application No.: 201710355389.5
5. Yu Sibin, Qiu Xianjin, Wang Jilin, Sun Wenqiang. The preparation method and application of a kind of grain shape gene qSS7 in rice. Patent No.: ZL201310753447.1Papers and treatises：
1. Maomao Li, Xia Li, Li-qin Yu, Jin-wen Wu, Hui Li, Jin Liu, Xiao-ding Ma, Su-min Jo, Dong-Soo Park, Youchun Song, Dongjin Shin, Long-zhi Han. Identification of QTLs associated with heat tolerance at the heading and flowering stage in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Euphytica
(2018) 214:70. (SCI)
2. Li Hui ,Yan Shihan, Zhao Lin, Tan Junjun, Zhang Qi, Gao Fei, Wang Pu, Hou Haoli, Li Lijia, Histone acetylation associated up-regulation of the cell wall related genes is involved in salt stress induced maize root swelling. BMC Plant Biology
, 2014, 14(1): 105. (SCI)
3. Zhou HY, Zhang GF, Zhu CL, Peng XS, Chen XR, Fu JR, Ouyang LJ, Bian JM, Hu LF, Sun XT, Xu J, He HH, He XP. Characterization of amylopectin fine structure and its role on pasting properties of starches in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Food Science and Technology Research
, 2018, 24(2), 347-354. (SCI)
4. Liu jin, Jiayu Wang, Xiaoyun Yao, Yu Zhang, Jinquan Li, Xiaoxue Wang, Zhengjin Xu, Wenfu Che. Characterization and fine fapping of thermo-sensitive chlorophyll deficit mutant1 in rice (Oryza sativa L.), Breeding Science
, 2015.04.01, 2015(65): 161~169 (SCI)
5. Jin Liu, Jiayu Wang, Xiaoyun Yao, Xiaoyan Dong, Wenfu Chen. Fine mapping and photosynthetic characteristics of the lower chlorophyll b 1 mutant in rice (Oryza sativa L.), Plant breeding
, 2015.12.01, 2015(134): 661-667 (SCI)
6. Liu Jin, Yao Xiaoyun, Wang Qi, Li Hui, Wang Jiayu, Li Mao Mao. QTL Mapping of Seed Size Traits under Different Environment in Rice. Acta Agriculturae Boreali-Sinica
, 2018, 33(2)：133-138. (Chinese)
7. Liu Jin, Li Maomao, Yao Xiaoyun, Wang Qi, Li Hui, Wang Jiayu. Mapping of QTLs for Panicle and Seed Traits in Rice(Oryza sativa L.). Acta agriculturae universitatis Jiangxiensis
, 2018, 40(3)：435-443. (Chinese)Awards:
1.The second prize of the national science and technology progress prize (Conservation and innovative utilization of wild rice germplasm resources in China, 2017)
2.The first prize of Jiangxi province science and technology progress prize(Study on the discovery, genetic diversity protection and preliminary utilization of wild rice in dongxiang county,20007)
3. The second prize of Jiangxi province science and technology progress prize(Exploitation, creation research and application of superior germplasm resources of jiangxi rice,2011)
4. The third prize of Jiangxi province science and technology progress prize(1996)
5. The third-class award of the National Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fishery Harvest Prize(1996) Japonica Rice Research DepartmentResearch fields
Breeding of conventional japonica rice
with good quality & japonica hybrid rice
and utilization of heterosis
between indica and japonica riceMember profilesChief scientist
: Yu Chuanyuan (Ph.D/ Researcher)
Deputy director: Wang Zhiquan (Ph.D/ Vice Researcher)
Vice Director: Xiao Yulong (Ph.D/ Researcher)
Members：Wang Xiaoling (Ph.D/ Vice Researcher)
Lei Jianguo (Ph.D/ Researcher)
Tang Shusheng (Bachelor
/ Assistant Researcher
)Research AchievementsLeading Technology:Utilization of heterosis
between indica and japonica rice;Development of new rice varieties:
1.A method for precise identification of cold tolerance of rice budburst period
2.A method for promoting germination rate and Seedling rate of Direct seeding
early RicePapers and treatises：
1. Identification of Indica rice chromosome segments for the improvement of Japonica inbreds and hybrids，TAG；
2. Mapping quantitative trait loci for heat tolerance at anthesis in rice using chromosomal segment substitution lines，Breeding Science；
3. Mapping quantitative trait loci for cold tolerance at the booting stage in rice using chromosome segment substitution lines，Crop & Pasture Science。
4.Genetic Mechanism of Dominant Earliness in Kefeng A, a New Rice Cytoplasmic Male Sterile Line, Rice Science, 2009,16(4):267-273.Awards:
Industrial Technology Research DepartmentResearch fields
- One second-class award prize of the national science and technology progress prize
- Two third-class award prize of the national science and technology progress prize
- One second-class award of Jiangxi Province Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fishery Technology Improvement Prize
Evaluation of new rice varieties and regional trials of new varieties, cultivation and physiology of high-quality rice and japonica rice, technical system of rice industry, test and demonstration of new varieties of rice.Member profiles
Chief Scientist: Qiu Zaihui (Master / Associate Professor)
Deputy director: He Hu (Ph.D / Assistant Professor)
Members: Qiu Bingyu (Master / Professor)
Shu Aiping (Master / Associate Professor)
Ren Rui (Master / Research Intern)Research AchievementsLeading Technology:
Study and Application of quality rice cultivation techniques and conventional Japonica rice cultivation techniques.Patents:
Participate in R & D and apply for 2 national invention patents and 1 utility model patent.Papers and treatises：
1.Analysis of Genetic Similarity for Japonica Rice Variety from Different Origin of Geography in the World；
2.Analysis of Genetic Similarity for Improved Japonica Rice Varieties from Different Provinces and Cities in China。Awards:
1. Third prize for Animal Husbandry and Fisheries awarded scientific and technological progress, the Ministry of Agriculture ,1987.
2. First prize for scientific and technological progress awarded by the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 1989.
3. Third prize, Jiangxi Province agricultural science and education personnel outstanding contribution award , 1997.
4. Second prize, "Chinese Agricultural Science and Technology Award" by the Ministry of Agriculture,2011.
5. Third prize, Jiangxi Province agricultural science and education personnel outstanding contributions award , 2012.
6. First prize, Hunan Province Agricultural Harvest Award,2012.
7. National Agricultural, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Harvest Award-Agricultural Technology extension Cooperation Award, 2014-2016;
8. First prize, iangxi Province Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Technology improvement Award, 2015-2016.
9. "Jiangxi Province rice trial advanced individuals" recognition, 2017.